Consultant Medical Biochemist
NHS Highland – based Inverness
40 hours per week (10 PA)
Salary: Up to £107,000
An outstanding opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to participate in and shape future developments within the Blood Sciences Service in NHS Highland and the wider biochemistry community in Scotland. We are principally looking for a colleague to take over the provision of the established lipid clinic which has approximately 250 new referrals per annum, and to help further develop and widen our multi-site laboratory network in the visually stunning Highlands. Recently accredited to ISO15189 by UKAS as a 3-site Blood Sciences service we are looking to expand the use of Point of Care Testing and also to integrate a fourth Highland site into our network, and you will be expected to work with clinical colleagues, management and the laboratory teams to facilitate this while at the same time ensuring provision of a safe, effective and efficient service.
The post is a 9:1 post, namely nine Direct Clinical Care and one Supporting Professional Activity Programmed Activities.
A full job specification covering the main duties/responsibilities and a job plan is available.
- A substantial Relocation Package for new permanent members of the team
- Applicants must be on the General Medical Council Specialist Register with a Licence to Practise or within six months of obtaining CCT in Chemical Pathology at time of interview.
- All members of staff are encouraged to participate in continuing professional development and local meetings are accredited for such purposes.
- All senior laboratory staff participate in training clinical staff, which may include medical, nursing and paramedical staff and other members of the laboratory staff.
- The leave year shall run from date of taking up appointment and in a full year the postholder will be entitled to 6 weeks’ annual leave plus 10 statutory and public holidays as agreed by NHS Highland.
- CV’s must be submitted with an application pack.
If you're interested please get in touch today. You can do so by clicking apply, emailing me on email@example.com or give me a call on 01908 597984.
Mediteam have a number of roles across the United Kingdom at all grades and specialities so if this role isn't quite right for you, please do still get in touch or refer any friends/colleagues who would be suitable for these placements.