Consultant Anaesthetics and Chronic Pain
Isle Of Wight
About the requirement:
If your passion is for improving the quality of anaesthetic and chronic pain services then this is an opportunity to consider. The job offered involves a mixture of duties in all aspects of anaesthetic care common to a district general hospital but with a particular focus on chronic pain management.
The Department provides anaesthetic services for general, ophthalmic, maxillofacial, ENT, urological, orthopaedic and gynaecological surgery. We also provide anaesthetic services to obstetrics, radiology, ECT and the A&E. The relative geographical isolation means that all anaesthetists must maintain a wide range of core skills. The department consists of 13 consultants and 12 SAS doctors. There is presently one anaesthetic trainee working at the department. The main theatre complex consists of 4 operating theatres and 2 separate day case operating theatres. There is a dedicated obstetric theatre. All standard modern equipment and drugs are available.
Benefits of living on The Isle Of Wight:
- Did you know that you can get to the Isle Of Wight in under two hours from London? It can be reached by rail from Southampton or Portsmouth. There is a regional airport at Southampton, with flights to many European destinations as well as UK mainland cities
- Being just 4 miles from the UK South Coast, there are frequent cross Solent crossings from a choice of ports at Lymington, Southampton, Portsmouth and Southsea with journey times taking from as little as 10 minutes.
- The Isle of Wight is a fantastic place for families and ideal for children, with good schools and affordable housing and is perfect for those looking for a good work/life balance with an outdoor lifestyle.
- The Island is the sailing capital of the UK, with many sailing regattas including the famous Cowes Week and the Round the Island Yacht Race, and for those more interested in land pursuits, more than half of the island is designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
What else is required?
- The post-holder will be experienced and able to undertake both Theatre and Clinics.
- The successful candidate will take part in teaching and supervision of junior doctors and other health professionals associated with the service.
- All clinicians will be expected and encouraged to participate in clinical governance initiatives, clinical effectiveness and audit and risk management.
- This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975
- Applicants must have current UK professional registration.
- Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship - Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled.
If you're interested please get in touch today. You can do so by clicking apply, emailing me on email@example.com or give me a call on 01908 597984.
Mediteam have a number of roles across the United Kingdom at all grades and specialities so if this role isn't quite right for you, please do still get in touch or refer any friends/colleagues who would be suitable for these placements.