Consultant Cellular Pathologist
10 PAs per week
Applicants unable to work full-time will be eligible to be considered for the post and, if appointed, the job plan will be discussed on an individual basis.
Applications are invited for a Consultant post in the Cellular Pathology Department. We are looking to recruit a new team member to work in our efficient department in the unspoilt Highlands. We can offer flexibility in the working week and if this is your first consultant appointment we will monitor a graduated workload for you.
You will complete a team of six consultants providing a Cellular Pathology service for the Scottish Highlands and Islands.
APPLICANTS MUST BE ON THE SPECIALIST REGISTER WITH A LICENCE TO PRACTICE AND IN POSSESSION OF OR WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF OBTAINING CCT IN HISTOPATHOLOGY AT THE TIME OF THE INTERVIEW.
The Department provides a balanced mixture of specialist and generalist reporting practice. The successful applicant will be expected to take part in the general rota and either have or develop special interests to complement those of colleagues and meet the needs of the Department. An interest in dermatopathology would be particularly desirable and input to gastrointestinal resection work and diagnostic cytology would also be welcomed. The Department provides an extra-contractual autopsy service to the Scottish Fatalities Investigation Unit (North) and participation in this service can be easily accommodated. There is no requirement to report cervical cytology.
Pay and conditions - The national pay system for the NHS—agenda for change pay rates—is for all directly employed staff except doctors and the most senior managers.
The pay system offers real benefits including:
- A standard working week of 37.5 hours
- Holiday entitlements of 27 days per year, plus eight general and public holidays, rising to 29 days after 5 years' service, and 33 days after 10 years' service
- Career and salary progression based on the application of knowledge and skills
- An annual personal development review to support your career aspirations
- Other benefits of working in the NSS include training, occupational health services, automatic membership of the NHS Pension Scheme and study leave for sponsored courses.
One of the UK's best pension schemes - The NHS Pension Scheme is still one of the most generous and comprehensive in the UK. Every staff member who is eligible will be automatically enrolled and will get an excellent package of pension benefits.
- Inverness is the northernmost city in the UK. Known as the capital of the Highlands, it enjoys a picturesque setting at the mouth of the River Ness.
- The city’s Old Town area is home to many historical buildings including an impressive castle, where Macbeth murdered King Duncan in Shakespeare’s tragedy.
- Residents of Inverness realise that the city offers an unrivalled quality of life. Inverness provides a pleasant and safe environment in which to live, a varied cultural life and first rate educational opportunities.
- Their unemployment rate is one of the lowest in the country and that pollution is the lowest of any city in Britain. It is free from the congestion that troubles many cities and the standard of service is high.
- As "the City in the Highlands" Inverness also offers easy access to the coast, lochs, mountains and glens that help make the Highlands the most dramatic and scenic part of the United Kingdom.
If you're interested please get in touch today. You can do so by clicking apply, emailing me on firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 01908 597984.
Mediteam have a number of roles across the United Kingdom at all grades and specialities so if this role isn't quite right for you, please do still get in touch or refer any friends/colleagues who would be suitable for these placements.