Consultant in Community General Adult Psychiatry
Full time – 10 PAs per week
Dorset HealthCare can offer excellent career development opportunities in medical education, medical leadership and clinical expertise.
This is a post for a full-time General Adult Psychiatrist. You will work within the Locality Community Mental Health Team which provides comprehensive community based services to patients registered with general practitioners within Bournemouth. You will be expected to work with the community team to cover emergency work and to keep waiting lists within the Trust agreed limits.
Outpatient facilities are available. In line with the Trust’s desire to improve patient access to services, it is expected that patients will also be seen in community settings when appropriate e.g. primary care clinics, home visits.
- A generous relocation package of up to £5,000
- Study Leave budget of £1,000 per year
- Salary sacrifice schemes – which allow you to obtain child care vouchers, lease a bicycle, home technology equipment or a car and buying/selling of annual leave
- Not forgetting our unique selling point – FREE use of the Trust beach huts along the stunning Dorset coastline.
- If you are one for photography, family adventures or history, Dorset is definitely the place for you! With many claims to fame, you'll love some of the many famous aspects of the county.
- Dorset’s amazing natural features include Durdle Door, Pulpit Rock, Golden Cap, Lulworth Cove and Chesil Beach. The county also boasts 5 country parks too. Brownsea Island in Poole Harbour was voted Britain’s favourite nature reserve in 2013 and the area around Wareham is recognised as the most botanically rich in the UK.
- The relaxed pace of life in Dorset makes you forget that London is only a two and half hour drive away. Let the train take the strain – there is a direct line from Waterloo to Weymouth, calling at Bournemouth, Poole, Wareham and Dorchester. In 2015, Swanage Railway will be reconnecting to the mainline, so you will be able to travel direct from London to the seaside town of Swanage. Not forgetting Bournemouth International Airport or the ports at Poole and Weymouth, connecting to the Channels Islands, Europe and beyond.
- Stretching for 95 miles, the Jurassic Coast is the only natural World Heritage Site in England. Hunt for fossils at Charmouth or Kimmeridge and see if you can discover a dinosaur! If you fancy climbing the highest point along the south coast of England, head for Golden Cap – owned by the National Trust.
- Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
If you're interested please get in touch today. You can do so by clicking apply, emailing me on firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 01908 597984.
Mediteam have a number of roles across the United Kingdom at all grades and specialities so if this role isn't quite right for you, please do still get in touch or refer any friends/colleagues who would be suitable for these placements.