Consultant in General Adult Psychiatry CMHT
Full time - 10 PA per week
This post is for a full-time General Adult Psychiatrist working in the Community Mental Health Team, a multi-disciplinary team that provides comprehensive community based services to local people. The post is available following changes to medical staffing that have increased the amount of consultant time in the CMHT.
The postholder will be supported by the Trust and locality management team to provide high quality patient care and clinical leadership to the CMHT. It is an excellent opportunity for any psychiatrist who enjoys the satisfaction and rewards of working with colleagues to improve the lives of people with severe mental illness.
- Flexible working options to include condensed hours and part time working
- A generous relocation package of up to £5,000
- Study Leave Allocation of £1,000 per year
- Staff benefit schemes – which allow you to obtain child care vouchers, lease a bicycle, home technology equipment or a car ; buying/selling of annual leave as well as discounts across travel, shopping and leisure activities
- Not forgetting our unique selling point – FREE use of the Trust beach huts along the stunning Dorset coastline.
- If you are one for photography, family adventures or history, Dorset is definitely the place for you! With many claims to fame, you'll love some of the many famous aspects of the county.
- Dorset’s amazing natural features include Durdle Door, Pulpit Rock, Golden Cap, Lulworth Cove and Chesil Beach. The county also boasts 5 country parks too. Brownsea Island in Poole Harbour was voted Britain’s favourite nature reserve in 2013 and the area around Wareham is recognised as the most botanically rich in the UK.
- The relaxed pace of life in Dorset makes you forget that London is only a two and half hour drive away. Let the train take the strain – there is a direct line from Waterloo to Weymouth, calling at Bournemouth, Poole, Wareham and Dorchester. In 2015, Swanage Railway will be reconnecting to the mainline, so you will be able to travel direct from London to the seaside town of Swanage. Not forgetting Bournemouth International Airport or the ports at Poole and Weymouth, connecting to the Channels Islands, Europe and beyond.
- Stretching for 95 miles, the Jurassic Coast is the only natural World Heritage Site in England. Hunt for fossils at Charmouth or Kimmeridge and see if you can discover a dinosaur! If you fancy climbing the highest point along the south coast of England, head for Golden Cap – owned by the National Trust.
- Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
If you're interested please get in touch today. You can do so by clicking apply, emailing me on email@example.com or give me a call on 01908 597984.
Mediteam have a number of roles across the United Kingdom at all grades and specialities so if this role isn't quite right for you, please do still get in touch or refer any friends/colleagues who would be suitable for these placements.