Consultant in General Medicine
10 PAs per week - Up to 2 additional PAs may be available by negotiation
Applicants unable to work full-time will be eligible to be considered for the post and, if appointed, the job plan will be discussed on an individual basis.
You must be on the General Medical Council Specialist Register with a Licence to Practise or within six months of obtaining CCT in General Medicine at time of interview.
** Applicants not currently on the specialist register for general medicine would also be considered for a fixed term contract in the first instance **
The successful candidate will have broad general medical experience, excellent communication and problem solving skills, and be able to work flexibly as part of an integrated team. A specialist interest is also desirable, an interest and skills in Gastroenterology would be especially welcome. You would be encouraged to develop your special interests as part of a network with specialists in Glasgow and Highland. An active interest in teaching and support of our team of specialist nurses along with undergraduate students and junior doctors will also be important.
Pay and conditions - The national pay system for the NHS—agenda for change pay rates—is for all directly employed staff except doctors and the most senior managers.
The pay system offers real benefits including:
- A standard working week of 37.5 hours
- Holiday entitlements of 27 days per year, plus eight general and public holidays, rising to 29 days after 5 years' service, and 33 days after 10 years' service
- Career and salary progression based on the application of knowledge and skills
- An annual personal development review to support your career aspirations
- Other benefits of working in the NSS include training, occupational health services, automatic membership of the NHS Pension Scheme and study leave for sponsored courses.
One of the UK's best pension schemes - The NHS Pension Scheme is still one of the most generous and comprehensive in the UK. Every staff member who is eligible will be automatically enrolled and will get an excellent package of pension benefits.
- Inverness is the northernmost city in the UK. Known as the capital of the Highlands, it enjoys a picturesque setting at the mouth of the River Ness.
- The city’s Old Town area is home to many historical buildings including an impressive castle, where Macbeth murdered King Duncan in Shakespeare’s tragedy.
- Residents of Inverness realise that the city offers an unrivalled quality of life. Inverness provides a pleasant and safe environment in which to live, a varied cultural life and first rate educational opportunities.
- Their unemployment rate is one of the lowest in the country and that pollution is the lowest of any city in Britain. It is free from the congestion that troubles many cities and the standard of service is high.
- As "the City in the Highlands" Inverness also offers easy access to the coast, lochs, mountains and glens that help make the Highlands the most dramatic and scenic part of the United Kingdom.
If you're interested please get in touch today. You can do so by clicking apply, emailing me on firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 01908 597984.
Mediteam have a number of roles across the United Kingdom at all grades and specialities so if this role isn't quite right for you, please do still get in touch or refer any friends/colleagues who would be suitable for these placements.