Consultant in Haematology
Up to £105,000
Permanent - 10 Sessions
Seeking to appoint a consultant to support the development of the Lancashire Haematology Centre. This service will serve a population in excess of 700,000 and will provide a full range of level 1-3 services. Intensive treatment of acute leukaemia and autologous stem cell transplantation is undertaken for a wider population of 1.6 million people.
This post will enable you to work in a highly active lymphoma programme, including treatment for Burkitt’s lymphoma and relapsed high grade lymphomas. Active in research with a proven track record in trial recruitment in lymphoma and myeloma. They performed induction chemotherapy for 40 acute leukaemia patients and undertook 42 autologous stem cell transplants in 2017. The service offers sub-specialisation into myeloid & lymphoid disorders and a sub-speciality interest is encouraged.
The successful applicant can expect:
- 10 PA contract with 2 further PAs available
- A flexible job plan and location
- Support to develop own sub-specialty interest
- A generous relocation package is available tailored to individual circumstances
The successful applicant will join a well-established Haematology team including five Consultant Haematologist colleagues, three specialist registrars, three specialty doctors, two advanced nurse practitioners, three trainee ANPs and six clinical nurse specialists.
Applications are encouraged from experienced consultants wishing to take up a new challenge or Specialist trainees finishing their training.
- You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
- This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you're interested please get in touch today. You can do so by clicking apply, emailing me on email@example.com or give me a call on 01908 597984.
Mediteam have a number of roles across the United Kingdom at all grades and specialities so if this role isn't quite right for you, please do still get in touch or refer any friends/colleagues who would be suitable for these placements.