Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
10 PAs per week
Applicants unable to work full-time will be eligible to be considered for the post and, if appointed, the job plan will be discussed on an individual basis.
Applications are invited for a Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, to provide services at this Inverness Hospital and outreach clinics at the Community Midwifery Units. This post offer's 10 PA's on an 8:2 basis with additional EPA's available, following discussion.
We seek a doctor to complement our current thirteen Consultants, four Specialty Doctors, four Specialty Registrars and six FY2/GPST's, who will work as a co-operative, committed and capable member of our collegiate consultant team; all applicants whose specialist skills and interests will support and complement those of existing colleagues are welcomed.
There is an Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit and an Obstetric Day Unit. Specialist clinics include a joint diabetic antenatal clinic, maternal medicine clinic, fetal medicine clinic, fast-track gynaecology clinic, colposcopy clinic, infertility clinic, social gynaecology clinic, and an out-patient hysteroscopy service.
The Department participates in the teaching programme for medical undergraduates from Aberdeen University. Specialist trainees in the North of Scotland Deanery rotate to and from Aberdeen.
The pay system offers real benefits including:
- A standard working week of 37.5 hours
- Holiday entitlements of 27 days per year, plus eight general and public holidays, rising to 29 days after 5 years' service, and 33 days after 10 years' service
- Career and salary progression based on the application of knowledge and skills
- An annual personal development review to support your career aspirations
- Other benefits of working in the NSS include training, occupational health services, automatic membership of the NHS Pension Scheme and study leave for sponsored courses.
- Inverness is the northernmost city in the UK. Known as the capital of the Highlands, it enjoys a picturesque setting at the mouth of the River Ness.
- The city’s Old Town area is home to many historical buildings including an impressive castle, where Macbeth murdered King Duncan in Shakespeare’s tragedy.
- Residents of Inverness realise that the city offers an unrivalled quality of life. Inverness provides a pleasant and safe environment in which to live, a varied cultural life and first rate educational opportunities.
- Their unemployment rate is one of the lowest in the country and that pollution is the lowest of any city in Britain. It is free from the congestion that troubles many cities and the standard of service is high.
- As "the City in the Highlands" Inverness also offers easy access to the coast, lochs, mountains and glens that help make the Highlands the most dramatic and scenic part of the United Kingdom.
If you're interested please get in touch today. You can do so by clicking apply, emailing me on email@example.com or give me a call on 01908 597984.
Mediteam have a number of roles across the United Kingdom at all grades and specialities so if this role isn't quite right for you, please do still get in touch or refer any friends/colleagues who would be suitable for these placements.