Consultant Psychiatrist in Child and Adolescent Mental Health
Location: Yorkshire and the Humber
10 PAs per week
This is a new service that will host 11 General adolescent beds (including a High Dependency Area) and 4 Psychiatric intensive care beds all of which will support young people from Hull, East Yorkshire, North East Lincolnshire and North Lincolnshire.
Clinical duties of post holder will include:
- Initially the role will be to work alongside the Inpatient senior leadership team (Consultant Psychologist, Clinical Lead and Ward Manager) to develop the inpatient clinical model and support the recruitment of staff.
- To work as part of the senior leadership team.
- Provide Access assessments- providing gatekeeping assessments for those felt to be in need of an inpatient admission
- Management of complex cases.
- Role in assessment of referrals/admissions.
- Care plan and treatment formulation, guidance on evidence-based treatment and effectiveness.
- Liaison and collaborative working with other services/agencies.
- Mental Health Act implementation.
- Multi-disciplinary, multi-agency and partnership working.
- To contribute to postgraduate teaching and supervision of junior doctors and will be encouraged to participate in the training of other disciplines.
- The post holder is expected to participate in the CAMHs Consultant ‘on call’ rota which is currently 1:5, but weekends are 1 in 6 with additional participation of adult psychiatry colleagues.
If you're interested please get in touch today. You can do so by clicking apply, emailing me on email@example.com or give me a call on 01908 597984.
Mediteam have a number of roles across the United Kingdom at all grades and specialities so if this role isn't quite right for you, please do still get in touch or refer any friends/colleagues who would be suitable for these placements.