Forensic CAMHS Consultant Psychiatrist
Part time - 4 PA per week
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within our service for an experienced Consultant Psychiatrist to support the development of our new Forensic CAMHS service, to work part-time (4PA) within the Community Forensic CAMHS team which provides comprehensive community based services to patients registered with GP's within Dorset.
The post holder will need to be innovative and able to work flexibly across traditional service and agency boundaries. They will be given a high level of support to deliver what is a key priority for the Trust.
The service is a tertiary referral service for CAMHS teams, CAMHS/Youth Offending Team (YOT) link workers and neuro disability services for young people and other agencies. The team will be accessible to all agencies (e.g. social services, YOTs, prisons, courts, solicitors, education, health commissioners etc.) that may have contact with young people exhibiting risky behaviours or young people in the youth justice system who have mental health difficulties.
- Study Leave Allocation of £1,000 per year
- Staff benefit schemes – which allow you to obtain child care vouchers, lease a bicycle, home technology equipment or a car ; buying/selling of annual leave as well as discounts across travel, shopping and leisure activities
- Not forgetting our unique selling point – FREE use of the Trust beach huts along the stunning Dorset coastline.
- If you are one for photography, family adventures or history, Dorset is definitely the place for you! With many claims to fame, you'll love some of the many famous aspects of the county.
- Dorset’s amazing natural features include Durdle Door, Pulpit Rock, Golden Cap, Lulworth Cove and Chesil Beach. The county also boasts 5 country parks too. Brownsea Island in Poole Harbour was voted Britain’s favourite nature reserve in 2013 and the area around Wareham is recognised as the most botanically rich in the UK.
- The relaxed pace of life in Dorset makes you forget that London is only a two and half hour drive away. Let the train take the strain – there is a direct line from Waterloo to Weymouth, calling at Bournemouth, Poole, Wareham and Dorchester. In 2015, Swanage Railway will be reconnecting to the mainline, so you will be able to travel direct from London to the seaside town of Swanage. Not forgetting Bournemouth International Airport or the ports at Poole and Weymouth, connecting to the Channels Islands, Europe and beyond.
- Stretching for 95 miles, the Jurassic Coast is the only natural World Heritage Site in England. Hunt for fossils at Charmouth or Kimmeridge and see if you can discover a dinosaur! If you fancy climbing the highest point along the south coast of England, head for Golden Cap – owned by the National Trust.
- Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
If you're interested please get in touch today. You can do so by clicking apply, emailing me on email@example.com or give me a call on 01908 597984.
Mediteam have a number of roles across the United Kingdom at all grades and specialities so if this role isn't quite right for you, please do still get in touch or refer any friends/colleagues who would be suitable for these placements.