Paediatric Consultant Haematologist
Looking to recruit a substantive 10 PA Consultant in Paediatric Haematology. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a leading tertiary referral Haematology and Oncology department. The Haematology services offer full regional clinical care and laboratory diagnostics for leukaemia, regional haemophilia comprehensive care and a regional haemoglobinopathy service. Consultative and transfusion support is provided for other departments within a large specialist paediatric hospital including an Intensive Care unit, specialist cardiac surgery, a major trauma centre and all tertiary referral specialties. The successful candidate will be expected to take a full role in the leukaemia and non-malignant haematology clinical and laboratory service and will be encouraged to develop their own specialist area of interest.
- Liverpool is an attractive and historic city with affordable living costs and excellent transport links to London, Lake District and Snowdonia National Park in Wales.
- Full and Specialist registration (and with a license to practice) with the General Medical Council (GMC), or be eligible for registration within six months of interview.
- If an applicant is UK trained, they must also be a holder of a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT), or be within six months of award of CCT by date of interview.
- If an applicant is non-UK trained, they will be required to show evidence of equivalence to the UK CCT MRCPCH or MRCP and equivalent FRCPath (Haematology) or equivalent.
- Applications are welcome from anyone eligible to work in the UK.
- This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
- Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post.
- From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement.
If you're interested please get in touch today. You can do so by clicking apply, emailing me on email@example.com or give me a call on 01908 597984.
Mediteam have a number of roles across the United Kingdom at all grades and specialities so if this role isn't quite right for you, please do still get in touch or refer any friends/colleagues who would be suitable for these placements.