Specialty Doctor Emergency Medicine
Up to £73,000
The successful candidate will be a key member of an enthusiastic team of medical staff providing a quality service to a busy department. You will participate in a rota of 11 along with other middle grade doctors to provide 24 hour support and supervision to the Specialty Training and Foundation Doctors and Nurse Practitioners in post. The department deals with approximately 89,000 new patients per annum.
You should have full registration with the GMC and shall have completed at least 4 years post graduate training (or its equivalent gained on a part-time or flexible basis) at least 1 of which will be in a specialty training programme in a relevant specialty or a fixed term specialty trainee in a relevant specialty, or shall have equivalent experience and competencies.
The department will also support CESR with secondment and development opportunities.
Why this role?
Although this is not an approved training position, however you will receive the following:
- Named educational supervisor
- Induction and bespoke new starter induction pack outlining internal training courses/opportunities available to doctors in these non-approved training positions
- Individual training plan
- NHS e-portfolio
- Appraisal at 6 months and individual access to e-appraisal system
- Support towards obtaining Alternative Certificate confirming achievement of foundation competencies to aid those who want to access a recognised training position in the future
- You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
- This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- DBS application required.
If you're interested please get in touch today. You can do so by clicking apply, emailing me on firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 01908 597984.
Mediteam have a number of roles across the United Kingdom at all grades and specialities so if this role isn't quite right for you, please do still get in touch or refer any friends/colleagues who would be suitable for these placements.