Private Hospital, Surrey
Salary: up to 55K (band 7 equivalent)
Employment type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours per week: 37.5
Shifts: Variable to include early mornings, evenings and some weekends
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, driven and dedicated individual to join our team as Theatre Manager.
We require a highly motivated individual leader with drive and commitment, to continue to take our motivated and dedicated team forward towards our “outstanding” goal and to continue to exceed performance expectations, exemplary customer service and first rate individual patient care.
You will have an extensive Operating Theatre background, preferably with previous theatre manager experience and have the ability to combine your clinical expertise with managerial responsibilities. You will hold relevant qualifications and have sufficient experience in the theatre setting to provide strong, knowledgeable leadership for our theatre team.
The successful individual will also be part of the wider clinical Heads of Department team that work together to provide the best in patient experience and drive the hospital to a CQC “outstanding”.
As a professional member of our team your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring good working knowledge of the A.F.P.P. standards and practice ensuring the team works to these.
- Ensuring all Clinical Governance issues are addressed, E.g. through incident reporting, National joint registry, and new services and staff introduced safely.
- Ensuring all equipment and Theatre environment is maintained to meet Health and Safety requirements.
- Achieve Key Performance Indicators and financial budgets
- Meet the requirements of the Care Quality Commission within the Department
- Working closely with the Senior Management Team to develop Consultant relationships and increase theatre activity.
It is essential that the ideal candidate will have:
- ODP Level 3 / RN (1)
- Current registration with relevant professional body
- Significant exposure in a senior role to external stakeholders such as Consultants, Physicians, Allied Health professionals, patients and suppliers.
- At least 3 years previous leadership experience within a theatre department.
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant clinical standards
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Immediate Life Support
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- Effective presentation and Intermediate computer skills
- Proven track recordof on-going professional development
The Hospital is a highly respected hospital with an excellent reputation for the highest standards of care. Consultants from a vast range of clinical disciplines, offer an exceptional service to patients. They have 3 operating theatres, a standalone Endoscopy Suite and on site TSSU. The department allows staff to utilise a broad range of clinical skills within a dynamic and progressive team.
In return for your professionalism and commitment we offer the following competitive benefits package:
- Competitive salary Plus Enhancements (if eligible)
- 33 days annual leave inc. bank holidays which increase with service (pro rata)
- Private Healthcare
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- Subsidised Staff Restaurant*
- Offsite Parking
Please apply today!
If you're interested please get in touch today. You can do so by clicking apply, emailing me on email@example.com or give me a call on 01908 597984.
Mediteam have a number of roles across the United Kingdom at all grades and specialities so if this role isn't quite right for you, please do still get in touch or refer any friends/colleagues who would be suitable for these placements.